- Clear, easy to understand training and workshops
- Introduction to filmmaking
- Training for educators
- Training in editing programs
- For organisations, businesses, education and individuals
My easy-to-understand training will give you the skills and confidence you need to make your own short videos. I’ve been teaching filmmaking to non-filmmakers for over 20 years. I can show you how to make movies with your mobile phone, still cameras or camcorders.
I’ve worked with all kinds of organisations from one-person businesses and youth drama groups to universities and multinational companies. I also provide 1:1 training for individuals.
My training will be custom-made to fit your specific needs, whether it’s a two-hour introduction to the basics or an in-depth course over several weeks. You’ll get a detailed PDF course booklet, and I provide follow-up advice and feedback after the course.
I provide on-site training for organisations around the UK and in Europe (subject to Covid restrictions).
I provide a range of flexible online training for businesses, organisations and individuals.
If you’d like to know how I can help you use film in your work, please get in touch:
Mobile filmmaking workshop at the Goldeneye Film Festival, Tbilisi, Georgia.
Filmmaking training for businesses, nonprofits, charities, public sector bodies and higher education:
- Learn how to make powerful short videos for staff training, promoting your organisation, sharing ideas or consulting your users.
- Learn on your equipment or mine
- Use pro or consumer cameras and editing software, or iPads and iPhones
- Follow-up support and intermediate courses also available
For schools and teachers
- Training on using film and filmmaking, including film and literacy, filmmaking in Media and Film Studies, film and MFL, film and creative writing.
- Short, engaging workshops and activities including filmmaking, editing, soundtrack creation and animation.
- Filmmaking apps, resources and PDFs.
For conferences, seminars and film festivals
- Presentations and practical workshops on filmmaking, film language and film education
For youth and community groups
- Filmmaking workshops and projects, with optional accreditation on longer projects
- Training for youth workers and staff on how to run film projects with young people and communities
- Filmmaking activities for older people.
- 1:1 training tailored to your individual needs
- Follow-up feedback on your filmmaking
“Tom is a really good teacher and is able to convey a lot of technical detail without baffling his audience. Highly recommended.”
Gillian Southgate, Assistant Director, NHS R&D Northwest